Another year flew by, and this time I felt like it flew by faster than all the other years.
I looked back through my photo archives and was at awe at everything that has happened in 2018. I think it’s always good to look back and revisit accomplishments and experiences. Most importantly, to take time and be grateful at the wonderful opportunities and people that made it all happen. I always challenge myself to take on opportunities that lead to new experiences, especially if it takes me out of my comfort zone. That’s one of the ways we grow as individuals.
Here are my favorite moments I’d love to share with you guys, and the amazing friends and influencers I’ve had the opportunity to work with!
9. Paris – I came to the realization that no matter the weather conditions are in Paris, it’s beautiful in every single way. Although I did freeze several times to the point where I could not feel feelings anymore, I was in awe at the beauty of the city. Almost every spot was a photo opportunity. Special thanks to @NotJessFashion for giving me the chance to shoot with her in Paris! Click for more.
8. REVOLVE Carnival – REVOLVE always throws the best parties. I would have to say my favorite was when they took over Santa Monica Pier and invited all the influencers to play. We all got game cards and unlimited rides, but most of the times everyone was just taking pictures and having fun. I had a blast hanging out with Rose @roses_cloud and Cora at the carnival!
7. Miami – This was a last minute, impromptu trip with David @davidju1v1 and Cora @lovemicorazon, and I’m so glad we could be spontaneous like that. We had such a blast in Miami. We got to hang out with my friend Ria @riamichelle and did all the Miami things. Click for more.
6. Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) – I was tired of going to the same music festival every year, so I decided EDC would be a nice change. And I really truly enjoyed my time there! I do love EDM so it was fun to see some of my favorite artists live and also discover some new ones too.
5. JINS Eyewear Billboard, Manila – i think it’s every photographer’s dream to see his/her work on magazines, but a billboard is another thing. I was so amazed to see my photos on a billboard in my homeland, Philippines! My family was pretty proud, especially my dad.
4. Phuket – I didn’t really know what to expect out of Phuket, but I had a blast with Jenn (@jennleezy), Cora and David eating, exploring, and taking quality content everywhere we went. Island hopping around Similan Islands was definitely my favorite.
3. Bangkok – I did a solo trip on my own to Bangkok, not knowing anyone and not knowing anything about Thailand’s capital until I made an amazing friend, NewZy San. She really made my trip memorable and made me love Thailand. I also love how cheap and delicious the food was (I ate Pad Thai and Mango Sticky Rice everyday)!
2. Tokyo – I was already planning a trip in Asia, why not make one more stop before heading to LA? Japan has been on top of my list for places to visit, and I decided it was now or never. I was also lucky that my friend Van @forevervanny lives there too. She showed me around Shibuya and several other parts of Tokyo, and took me to some very good foodie spots as well. Thanks Van!
1.Bali – This was the most epic trip of all. My dear friend and designer Feny invited me to visit Bali for her fashion launch (Fenys.co). I was able to bring along Jenn, Cora and David as well and we went around exploring and enjoy all the fun things Bali has to offer. One week was not enough. We are for sure going back. Because of this trip, I was able to visit Phuket, Bangkok, and Tokyo too. Thanks so much, Feny!
There were so many more amazing memories I had in 2018, I wish I could fit them all in this blog post. I hope your year was memorable too! Happy New Year and thanks for dropping by!