I did not do as many shoots as 2009 and 2010, but I did have some many memorable shoots with several amazing models, makeup artists, hairstylists, wardrobe stylists and designers. As tradition (see last year’s) here are this year’s top ten memorable shoots:
10. Amalie – This was shot in Copenhagen. I had four shoots during my stay in that wonderful city, and my favorite was with Amalie. It was a very simple shoot and Amalie rocked it! She did her own makeup and hair, brought her clothes, it rained too but we made the most out of the day and shot at Hotel Denmark.
9. Love + Keep
– I got to finally do a shoot with my friend Van Kim Le who is an amazing jewelry designer, all handcrafted with love! I also brought out model Yulya Mango out of retirement as well. And I was finally reunited with Christina Chen and made her and the team some amazing crepes during hair and makeup!
– former Miss Pacifica and one of my favorite models to work with, Maxime has such a beautiful face. Always a special time each time I do a shoot with her. And great outcomes as well! More
7. Ropa Pura – Photoshoot with designer Jumpei Ando, model Deborah, and makeup artist Justine T. in Paris!! This was my first shoot in Paris and it was an incredible experience doing a shoot with an amazing team and in an amazing Parisian neighborhood. Jumpei was also a designer I’ve been in contact with for months, and it was surreal actually doing a shoot together.
6. Anastasia Hisel
– In the midst of the ASTONISH launch event and New York Fashion Week, I had the opportunity to sneak in a photo shoot with Anastasia at our rented loft in Little Italy. Despite not having a prep team and limited daylight, we pulled of a pretty fun shoot. I wish I could do another shoot with this amazing model, who now grace the pages of Cosmopolitan Magazine December Issue.
5. Boditecture– I teamed up with architect and designer Wen Guo of Boditecture for a fashion show onboard a yacht party hosted by Peanut Labs. I casted models Yulya Mango, Maxime Kumler, Bethany Pifer, Liana Estillore, and Alexis Hutt for the fashion show and did a fun shoot on the yacht beforehand.
4. Danielle Lo – I shot with her about a year ago, and it took us a long time to finally shoot again. I had the pleasure of doing a shoot, a very fun one, with the beautiful exotic Danielle Lo with makeup artist Diana Su. She’s super famous now – already on the cover of several publications and the 2012 Import Tuner calendar! More
3. Morgan O’Marro – Funny story, Morgan messaged me back in 2009 to do a shoot – and it took me two years to finally say yes – but I wish I did say yes awhile back because she is one of the best models I’ve ever worked with!! All I can say is, cannot wait to do another shoot with her again! This one was styled by Diana Su and makeup by the wonderful Regard Tang.
2. Paula Newlands
– This was two birds with one stone: I was dying to do another shoot with my favorite Brazilian model Paula Newlands and also shoot in Los Angeles again. It was like an itch finally being scratched. Also I discovered the wonderful Ashley Gomila, who is an amazing professional makeup artist based in Los Angeles! We were also joined by Carlos Jamieson, who is also one of the best Hollywood-based hairstylist! Very solid team. We shot this in Santa Monica on a beautiful November day!
1. Sille Sepp
– Paris. Enough said.
I messaged a modeling agency in Paris to send me someone to test with, I did not realize they would send me an angel. Sille is perhaps the most amazing model I’ve ever shot with. I was also joined by an amazing design student Anh Duong from Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne, one of the most prestigious fashion schools in the world. On top of that, Mika Asoh was our talented makeup artist from Japan. It was a shoot I’ll never forget – shooting in front of the Eiffel Tower, the pebble-stoned pathways, amazing alleyways, beautiful weather … I’ll be back in Paris someday.
Goodbye 2011. It was a pretty memorable year. I look forward to what 2012 brings!