My photoshoot with my favorite Brazilian model Paula Newlands with the Makeup Expert Ashley Gomila and Hollywood celebrity hairstylist Carlos Jamieson. Styling by Ashley and Carlos. Shot in Santa Monica.
Paula Newlands is my ultimate muse. She is all over my photography portfolio and always fun to shoot with. I am quite fortunate to have her as a muse. She has graced the runways of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York, signed with three major model agencies (LOOK, NEXT, ELITE), and have been featured in many major ad campaigns and magazine publications. When she’s not busy being a model, she runs StyleNest. And when she’s not busy running her business, she answers to interviews like mine.
I did not do as many shoots as 2009 and 2010, but I did have some many memorable shoots with several amazing models, makeup artists, hairstylists, wardrobe stylists and designers. As tradition (see last year’s) here are this year’s top ten memorable shoots:
5. Boditecture- I teamed up with architect and designer Wen Guo of Boditecture for a fashion show onboard a yacht party hosted by Peanut Labs. I casted models Yulya Mango, Maxime Kumler, Bethany Pifer, Liana Estillore, and Alexis Hutt for the fashion show and did a fun shoot on the yacht beforehand.
4. Danielle Lo – I shot with her about a year ago, and it took us a long time to finally shoot again. I had the pleasure of doing a shoot, a very fun one, with the beautiful exotic Danielle Lo with makeup artist Diana Su. She’s super famous now – already on the cover of several publications and the 2012 Import Tuner calendar! More
I messaged a modeling agency in Paris to send me someone to test with, I did not realize they would send me an angel. Sille is perhaps the most amazing model I’ve ever shot with. I was also joined by an amazing design student Anh Duong from Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne, one of the most prestigious fashion schools in the world. On top of that, Mika Asoh was our talented makeup artist from Japan. It was a shoot I’ll never forget – shooting in front of the Eiffel Tower, the pebble-stoned pathways, amazing alleyways, beautiful weather … I’ll be back in Paris someday.
Late last year, I got the chance to collaborate with stylist Juliana Gallioli (FIDM, San Francisco) for a styling project with Brazilian model Paula Newlands (Look SF, Elite NY, Next LA) and makeup artist/ hairstylist Fizza Hussein Qadri.
Here is one of our looks. Paula is in a White House | Black Market strapless Rosetta dress with a Swarovski necklace.
Here are my top ten photo shoots of 2010. The criteria? The ones that were very memorable and always bring a smile on my face. In no particular order.
10. MOOSE Magazine – My first tearsheet!! This was a shoot for Madrid-based Fashion & Art magazine MOOSE Magazine for their second issue on April 2010. I have a beyond-awesome team with top-notch models Alicia Pulver and Paula Newlands, along with makeup artist/ hairstylist Shelly Cross, stylist Arianna Barrera, and photography assistant Robert Jue.
9. Phuong My Test Shoot - I responded to a casting from a new designer in San Francisco named Phuong My. Little did I know she was going to become one of my closests and dearest friends in this industry. Phuong My has also been a very influential part in both my personal and photography life. For this shoot, I had models Anna Ochal and Jasmin Rizzo and Makeup/Hairstylist Keke. I would later on do more shoots with her, including ones with Mirela P. Click here to check out Phuong My’s official website.
8. Parluxe Catalog Shoot – This shoot was for a high-end Vietnamese retail clothing company. I had the privilege of working with models Lauren Currie (LOOK Models), Victoria Pham (who is also a famous Vietnamese beauty queen!) and Lanisa BuenaVista. I had a very fun and energetic team around me: Mike Polce and Phillip Wang as my assistants, Sarah Dean as the makeup artist, and Noelle Lynn as the hairstylist.