Don’t get too close. She’ll bite.
Model: Maxime Kumler. Makeup: Diana Su.
I did not do as many shoots as 2009 and 2010, but I did have some many memorable shoots with several amazing models, makeup artists, hairstylists, wardrobe stylists and designers. As tradition (see last year’s) here are this year’s top ten memorable shoots:
5. Boditecture- I teamed up with architect and designer Wen Guo of Boditecture for a fashion show onboard a yacht party hosted by Peanut Labs. I casted models Yulya Mango, Maxime Kumler, Bethany Pifer, Liana Estillore, and Alexis Hutt for the fashion show and did a fun shoot on the yacht beforehand.
4. Danielle Lo – I shot with her about a year ago, and it took us a long time to finally shoot again. I had the pleasure of doing a shoot, a very fun one, with the beautiful exotic Danielle Lo with makeup artist Diana Su. She’s super famous now – already on the cover of several publications and the 2012 Import Tuner calendar! More
Here are my top ten photo shoots of 2010. The criteria? The ones that were very memorable and always bring a smile on my face. In no particular order.
10. MOOSE Magazine – My first tearsheet!! This was a shoot for Madrid-based Fashion & Art magazine MOOSE Magazine for their second issue on April 2010. I have a beyond-awesome team with top-notch models Alicia Pulver and Paula Newlands, along with makeup artist/ hairstylist Shelly Cross, stylist Arianna Barrera, and photography assistant Robert Jue.
9. Phuong My Test Shoot - I responded to a casting from a new designer in San Francisco named Phuong My. Little did I know she was going to become one of my closests and dearest friends in this industry. Phuong My has also been a very influential part in both my personal and photography life. For this shoot, I had models Anna Ochal and Jasmin Rizzo and Makeup/Hairstylist Keke. I would later on do more shoots with her, including ones with Mirela P. Click here to check out Phuong My’s official website.
8. Parluxe Catalog Shoot – This shoot was for a high-end Vietnamese retail clothing company. I had the privilege of working with models Lauren Currie (LOOK Models), Victoria Pham (who is also a famous Vietnamese beauty queen!) and Lanisa BuenaVista. I had a very fun and energetic team around me: Mike Polce and Phillip Wang as my assistants, Sarah Dean as the makeup artist, and Noelle Lynn as the hairstylist.
Funny story. I once complained on Facebook that most of my models came from all over the Bay Area EXCEPT San Francisco. Then Maxime responded and said “I’m IN SF!” And the rest was history. We met up again for the third time along with my beloved MUA Sarah Dean and Photo Assistant Extraordinare Mike Polce. Maxime, aka Miss Pacifica USA 2010-11 and the face on my business cards, brought her A-game because I warned her that this shoot might be submitted for a magazine. She was quite a trooper at the beach, it was cold and not the sunny summer weather I was hoping for in SF. Nevertheless, I was very satisfied with the turnout of our photos.